Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Hunger Games

Author: Suzanne Collins

Favorite Character: Rue-So sweet and wistfully young. I wish twelve yr olds where that innocent.

Summary: Katniss Everden and Peeta Mellark must represent the Twelfth District of Panem in the Capitol Games where they must hunt down and kill the reps for the other eleven districts and then ultimately each other since there can only be one winner.

Review: Not much to say for this one. I read it in about a day and a half which is amazingly fast for me. It was the best book I've read in the past year. If you haven't gotten it yet then go! You cannot miss out on such and amazing book.

The storyline was out of this world and the imagery was amazing. I could see the entire terrain of the Games through Collins' words. Her use of detail was astounding.

I'm officially in love with this book and you will be too once you pick it up and read it. I was convinced after the first 10 pages!

Rating: 5 of 5

Sequel: Catching Fire

You Might Also Like:

Hatchet by Gary Paulsen

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! You finally have your review up...and how is this book connected to Hatchet lol?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, they are both about survival.

    Yeah. That was a poor attempt at You Might Also Like, but still, if it helped someone out there...lol

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? :D