Monday, March 29, 2010

Catcher In The Rye

Author: J. D. Salinger

Summary: The narrator describes a brief chapter in his sixteenth year alive. (how do you like that)

Review: It is a good book in the sense that the writing was good.....but....I hate (not hate, strongly dislike) the main character. He is so stupid and arrogant and dogone makes me go "whateve" every other line in the story. Gosh. But I kept reading the book. Holden is seventeen, but is narrating a story that took place when he was sixteen. I think I can sort of relate to him in that way. Age. And that's about it. Teenagers do not cuss that often and so randomly. I think he wasn't even using his foul language correctly! Grrr. He seems to be a real jerk and moron, but then he goes off on a sentimental tangent. I'm just like "What the heck are you!?". lol. The ending was pretty pointless. I didn't really understand the purpose of the book, but I read more to enjoy the story than to find its importance in the world. It is on the AP list so something must be good about it. Holden is a crazy kid. The bottom line. :)

Rating: For me it was a 3.5 The writing was very interesting and I kept thinking something really important was going to happen. It kept me reading, but when I finished, I felt like I had wasted my precious reading time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? :D