Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Diviners


Finally trying to get back into the rhythm of blogging consistently. I took a break to just read for pleasure. Checked out like 20 books from the library and am almost done with all of them. I also spent a scary amount of time on Goodreads recently and added like 40 new books to my to-read shelf! I shall share some of these through "Waiting on Wednesday" which is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at BreakingTheSpine. It is mostly meant for books that haven't been published yet. Here is this week's pick:


Author: Libba Bray

Release Day: September 18th, 2012

Summary: (goodreadsEvie O'Neill has been exiled from her boring old hometown and shipped off to the bustling streets of New York City--and she is pos-i-toot-ly thrilled. New York is the city of speakeasies, shopping, and movie palaces! Soon enough, Evie is running with glamorous Ziegfield girls and rakish pickpockets. The only catch is Evie has to live with her Uncle Will, curator of The Museum of American Folklore, Superstition, and the Occult--also known as "The Museum of the Creepy Crawlies."
When a rash of occult-based murders comes to light, Evie and her uncle are right in the thick of the investigation. And through it all, Evie has a secret: a mysterious power that could help catch the killer--if he doesn't catch her first.
My Thoughts: This was already released apparently and will be the first in a series, BUT I wanted to share because I am really, really, really looking forward to picking this up, (*scribbles note to self to go to B&N tmrw*), sometime soon. So why am I so happy? Because I absolutely loved The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Bray, but was disappointed with Going Bovine. I'm hoping that with The Diviners, Libba Bray will be channeling more of the deep mystery and awesomeness present in the series I loved. I think I may be biased toward Historical Fiction anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? :D