Monday, September 23, 2013

Mixed Ratings Information

Hello!

I just wanted to clarify something about my blog. I notice that the ratings I give books on Goodreads are sometimes different than the ones that I give them on my actual blog. This prompted me to make a short post about how I rate on my blog versus elsewhere, so that readers aren't confused.

Goodreads has a different rating system than I and that is why ratings differ for the same novel. On Goodreads, a three means "liked it" while a three on my blog is "Okay. One or two elements of storytelling stood out and were strong, but overall the book had a lack of drive/direction. Take it or leave it."

This is why I stress that readers of my blog take both the rating and the review together before forming an opinion. It is also good to remind readers that ratings are subject to interpretation. Most book blogs will have a detailed explanation of what their ratings mean (if they use them), so be on the lookout for that.

Find more detailed explanations about the rest of the numbers I use on my Rating System page.

Thank you for reading and have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? :D