Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Waiting On Wednesday (1)

Since I have tons of books I'm looking forward to, I decided that I'd like to participate in this meme hosted over here!

Title: Shrinking Violet

Author: Danielle Joseph

Publisher: Simon and Schuster

Release Day: May 05, 2009!

Summary: (B & N) High school senior Teresa Adams is so painfully shy that she dreads speaking to anyone in the hallways or getting called on in class. But in the privacy of her bedroom with her iPod in hand, she rocks out -- doing mock broadcasts for Miami's hottest FM radio station, which happens to be owned by her stepfather. When a slot opens up at The SLAM, Tere surprises herself by blossoming behind the mike into confident, sexy Sweet T -- and to everyone's shock, she's a hit! Even Gavin, the only guy in school who she dares to talk to, raves about the mysterious DJ's awesome taste in music. But when The SLAM announces a songwriting contest -- and a prom date with Sweet T is the grand prize -- Sweet T's dream could turn into Tere's worst nightmare....

Response: It sounds completely amazing! I love reading and I love music plus I can relate to the shyness factor. I also had a speech today in English over a book, Gulliver's Travels, which I didn't even like. It was even worse because I had to go FIRST!!! Anyway, now that I've gone off, I think this book could make it into my favorite-books-ever pile. Did I mention I love purple? The cover ROCKS!

Title: Sunset Boulevard: The A-List: Hollywood Royalty #2 (I found it on the Story Siren's Books to Pine For post!)

Author: Zoey Dean

Release Day: August 01, 2009

Summary: (from here) After a rocky first week in L.A., Jojo Milford is quickly getting used to her status as Hollywood Royalty. She and stepsister Myla have a tenuous truce, at least at home-but with Jojo becoming more and more popular at Beverly Hills High, how long can the ceasefire last? And is Myla's long-term relationship with BHH's resident rocker Ash Gilmour really over? Meanwhile, uber-starlet Amelie Adams is just like any other teenage girl: totally in love. Too bad her crush barely knows she exists. And too bad for Jake Porter-Goldsmith, Amelie's math tutor, who's hopelessly in love with Amelie.

Response: I haven't actually read the first one or any books by this author, but the cover makes me super curious (yes, I'm a lil shallow). There are a lot of books about this type of thing like Priveleged and Adored or GoldenGirl.

What do ya think?

4 comments:

  1. I want this one too!!! I used to be super shy in middle school, like I couldn't even look anyone in the eye for more than 20 seconds, but thankfully, I've grown out of that. I think I could still relate to this one though//Can't wait:)I'm a sucker for pretty covers too, who ever says they don't judge a book by it's cover is lying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really true! I think I'm growing out of my shyness too, but in elemetary school I remember that I was really rowdy so what happend? Idk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read them either, but really want to read Shrinking Violet!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? :D