Monday, November 23, 2009

The Narrative Of Frederick Douglass

Author: Frederick Douglass

Summary: Autobiography of the famous abolitionist on his life as a slave.

Mini-Review: I had to read this one for class and everyone either hated it or loved it. I loved it. I thought I was gonna be a hater because I really dislike non-fiction, so I left it 'til the last minute. I finished it really quickly and found that it was refreshing, simple and very story like.

Honestly, if you have to read an autobiography, I recommend this one. It was such a great book and Frederick Douglass can write. All those similes helped me understand what it was he felt throughout his life and his explanatory tone helped to keep the story straight.

Enjoy it people!

Rating: 1 2 3 4 5

2 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to read this book. I love Frederick Douglass so I'm excited to read his autobiography. I have a collection of his, Booker T. Washington and W.E.B. DuBois autobiographies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That is pretty cool! I'm not sure how much I would like his other books, but this one was wonderful. I don't think I would have picked it up at all though if it hadn't been mandatory. :)

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? :D