Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

Author: Mark Twain

Summary: The sequel to Tom Sawyer is dedicated to Huck's awesome adventures as he tries to escape his abusive father and the pressures of being a civilized boy.

Review: The book was awesomeness. Mark Twain is pretty funny and Huck is a ridiculous, but quirky character. His wittiness gives the book such a fun atmosphere. I'm not going to lie though, because there were some really slow parts where I wanted to pull out my hair. It was particularly hard to understand Jim's speech and I ended up having to read most of his dialogue out loud in order to understand. Maybe it was just me, but it was kind of difficult. The good thing is that it is a relatively short book! If your going to read a classic then I say you should read this one.
Rating: It's a classic, so I suppose it is perfect. :p My teacher always tells us to assume so.

2 comments:

What did you think? :D