Friday, May 29, 2009
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Monday, May 25, 2009
Publisher: Walker & Company
Summary: The pied piper has led the children away from Hamelin Hill for reasons rooted in a long history of wild magic. Mari and her brother Jakob, are among those lured by the piper's enchanting music,and they are now trapped in an unfamiliar world-one as cruel as it is beautiful.
All the while, a fearsome beast stalks the forest in search of a special child he needs to bread a centuries-old curse.But finding the chosen one could have deadly consequences, and Mari and Jakob will soon find themselves in a spellbinding adventure, full of dark magic and unexpected danger.
Review: Some things I liked about this book, is that you could really picture the places and feel what they felt, whether it was a good, sad, scared, or mad, emotion. I think the descriptons were good, sometimes too good lol.
Other things I didn't like about the book are that it needed more of an ending and...... thats all I can think of. XD
If you are the type of person who likes to read kinda creepy and weird books this would be a good option.
If you do get around to reading this book I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!!... or more...!!!!!!! [=
farewell all don't miss me too much! jk
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Yup it's a song. It's the first one I ever heard by this band and now I'm really into their music. Hope you guys enjoy it. And yes, I'm just trying to appease you because I haven't read anything in over two weeks. Sorry? I'll be getting some stuff soon. Don't hate. :)
Oh and don't miss Wdebo's contest. She's got FIVE arc copies of Twenty Boy Summer which you totally want so go over there and enter. She just asks a pretty easy question. YEY! A song and a contest...
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Oh, and I'm also behind on reviews and my books haven't gotten here yet and I should be working on a manga with my friend and....breath...
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Em was sure there couldn't be anything worse than being a brainiac the body of a teenaged supermodel.
But it turned out she was wrong. Because that supermodel could turn out to have a mother who's gone mysteriously missing, a brother who's shown up on her doorstep demanding answers, a former best friend who's intent on destroying Stark Enterprises to avenge the death of his lost love, and a British heartthrob who's written a song about her that's topping the charts.
How can Em balance all that with school, runway shows, and weekend jaunts to St. Johns - especially when she's got ex-boyfriends crawling out of the woodwork who want more than just a photo op; a sister who is headed to the high school cheerleading championships; a company she represents that seems to be turning to the dark side...
Not to mention trying to convince the love of her life that models aren't really airheads after all...especially one model in particular.
But then, nobody said it was going to be easy being Nikki.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Saturday, May 2, 2009
So here is the book pack...
1. B as in Beauty by Alberto Ferreras: A woman resenting the name which she fells doesn't apply to her slightly overweight self. She never minded that until she finds out that her boss might try to get her fired because of it and then some matchmaker decides to introduce her to a bunch of guys. Even though it might lead to disaster, she starts falling for one she shouldn't. more
2. Into the Beautiful North by Luis Urrea: A girl left behind after most the men in her town leave to find work in the North, tries to fix up a band of her own Magnificent Seven to help her town fight the approaching bandits. more
3. Hungry Woman in Paris by Josefina Lopez: Canela's life pressures her from everywhere and the need for an escape envelopes her. After her beloved cousin's suicide, she breaks off her unhealthy engagement and uses the honeymoon ticket to go live in Paris for a while where she recovers slowly helped by the people around her. more
4. The Disappearance of Irene Dos Santos by Margaret Mascarenhas: She was fifteen when she went, believed to have drowned. Her best friend Lily Martinez starts seeing Irene in visions and dreams and Irene insists on having her disappearance resolved even though it involves even the whole country of Venezuela and its inner turmoil. more
5. Houston, We Have a Problema by Gwendolyn Zepeda: Jessica is a grown woman with all sorts of issues. She almost never makes a decision on her own until she meets Jonathan who actually thinks about marriage. Jessica is unsure of what to do and no one will help her make this critical decision concerning the rest of her life. more
Rules: I will pick one winner who will get all five books each. The contest will end May 16 and then the publisher will get you your prize if you win! Aren't you excited!!!!!
1. US and Canadian residents only :(
2. No P.O Boxes please.
One entry for commenting and leaving your e-mail address
+1 for following my blog or if you've already been
+1 for putting the contest link somewhere on your blog and leave me a link pleas
I'm dying to read most of these books and the mystery one sounds cool! Thank you and good luck!