Thursday, December 10, 2009

Vampire Academy: Frostbite

Author: Richelle Mead

Summary: (site) Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose. It's winter break at St. Vladimir's, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy's crawling with Guardians–including Rose's hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway. And if hand-to-hand combat with her mom wasn't bad enough, Rose's tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason's got a huge crush on her, and Rose keeps getting stuck in Lissa's head while she's making out with her boyfriend, Christian! The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy's not taking any risks...This year, St. Vlad's annual holiday ski trip is mandatory. But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only create the illusion of safety. When three friends run away in an offensive move against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. But heroism rarely comes without a price...

Review: I had read Vampire Academy a while back ago, and I gave it a so-so review. I was still fresh off Twilight, which I actually enjoyed, so that could have affected my feelings on it. In fact, I'm certain it did because I loved this one. Can't remember why I wasn't completly in favor of the first one.

That aside, it was great. All the action in this book was incredible and the imagery really came alive. Rose has an extreme personality, but that is who she is. The work the author did in giving Rose her own voice paid off, because everything Rose did fit her character. She had her own mind and did her own thing.

I really liked the action especially. It was so cool and well written. Descriptions weren't overloaded or sparse. Everything let you know what was happening and how it was happening as well as the sorroundings. It was like I could see Rose fighting.

Even at the end, Christian still ended up being my favorite character. Why? He's a fire-user. He's pretty morbid, but completely in love with Lissa. And he has a really cool last name. Ozera. If I could have any power in the world, I would choose to control fire, so I could fry Strigoi. ^.^

Rating: 1 2 3 4 5

Other Books In The Series:

2. Vampire Academy: Frostbite (this one)
3. Vampire Academy: Shadow Kiss
4. Vampire Academy: Blood Promise

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? :D