Thursday, May 3, 2012

Someone Else's Fairytale

Author:  Emily M. Tippets

Source: Author

Summary: (goodreadsJason Vanderholt, Hollywood's hottest actor, falls head over heels for everygirl, Chloe Winters, who hasn't gotten around to watching most of his movies. She becomes the woman every other woman in America is dying to be, but it just isn't her fairytale.

Review: A truly beautiful love story. Without a doubt, this is going to be a very memorable book, especially because these cinderella-like stories never get old to those that devour them like I do. While I was reading it, Chloe's voice was clear and engaging. When I wasn't reading it, I could still hear the characters in my mind and that made this a very difficult book to put down.

Someone Else's Fairytale finds its strength in the voices of Chloe and Jason. Although it is from Chloe's point of view, the reader does get to know Jason just as well as her. I absolutely could not get enough of her witty sarcasm and the first, stilted, awkward conversations she had with Jason. Those moments felt real to me. This book in general was like that.

This may be a "fairy-tale" plot, but Chloe is a very realistic and relatable gal who is not easily swayed by anyone. Her perspective of relationships is down-to-earth. She respects herself and although is sometimes afraid to, Chloe stands her ground on what her expectations are. She won't settle for less than what she deserves and this makes her a strong, honest lead.

Although this isn't technically YA (since Chloe is in college), I do believe many of those who like that genre will really like this book. The reason being that Chloe is still young, she experiences many things for the first time like heartbreak, losing a best friend, gaining another and overall simply growing into her own skin. Definitely recommended!

Rating: 1 2 3 4 4.5 5

2 comments:

  1. Ooo I'm adding this one to my must-read list.

    Also, I discovered Goodreads today and am looking for new "reads" via your website. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahaha! Goodreads is awesome :) I love that website so much. I really hope you do enjoy it because this one is really good, sweet, and innocent. Hope you find lots of awesome books to add to the "to-read" section!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? :D