Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop

The Book Blogger Hop is now hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer after it originally ended over at Jennifer's Crazy for Books blog. 

Each week, a question is picked from those submitted to be asked. You answer on Fridays and spend a week looking through other responses! In an effort to keep writing, I hope to become a regular participate of this meme.

3/14/14 (PIE DAY) Prompt: What is the most creative thing you have ever done with a book? Asked by Veronica.

Although they were not my books, just two weeks ago in lab, my lab partner and I were doing an experiment which required a beaker to be clamped onto a stand about a foot in the air.

In order to stabilize our set-up, she pulled out a copy of Lemony Snicket's The Bad Beginning, a book on theater, and her kindle stacking them up to create a makeshift stand for our chemical-filled beaker. It had been quite a while since I had seen non-textbooks, so I think I might have shed a tear or two at the sight.

I was also extremely worried we would spill something on them but the books were safe and our experiment went well. We couldn't have done it without you darling books!


  1. OMG! I forgot about Pie Day!!! Yeah pie for lunch.

    I love that Lemony was near by to help out. So cool!!

    1. I have a math major friend who, at the stroke of midnight, began posting pie trivia on Facebook. Lol.

  2. Oh I would have been really worried it would spill too! I get nervous just having a cup of liquid around my books, especially since I have very active cats (:

    Tina @ Pages of Comfort
    My Blogger Hop

  3. Great answer and a good story as well. Made me want to finish reading The Series of Unfortunate Events series. I need to get on that and finish it. Thanks for reminding me. Keep it shiny!


What did you think? :D