Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Dark Days of Hamburger Halpin

Author: Josh Berk




Summary: (back cover)


Review: The mc is funny! The book is full of Will's witty remarks and also his experiences as a deaf teenager. He isn't your typical main character and is actually more realistic. Full of imperfections just like us, William Halpin can easily be related to. Although it is from a guy's point of view (usually I shy away from those), I found myself laughing a lot and really enjoying the story. Did I tell you I love mysteries?


The plot was a little predictable and the mystery wasn't exactly taking center stage. I think the story was more revolved on coming-of-age and acceptance of yourself. I liked it though, so I didn't mind it too much. After all, there are fewer and fewer YA mysteries out there as paranormal takes the spotlight! :) Extra points for being funny!


Rating: 1 2 3 4 4.5 5


(: Happy April Fools Day bloggers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? :D