Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday 21

Here is another episode of Waiting on Wednesday brought to you by Jill at BreakingTheSpine. It is a weekly meme dedicated to highlighting the books we are most anxiously awaiting to get our hands on.



What I am waiting for this week:

Title: Green Heart

Author: Alice Hoffman

Release Day: February 1st, 2012

Summary: (goodreads) A two-fold tale of grief and hope, loss and love, told as only Alice Hoffman can.

When her family is lost in a terrible disaster, 15-year-old Green is haunted by loss and the past. Struggling to survive in a place where nothing seems to grow and ashes are everywhere, Green retreats into the ruined realm of her garden. But in destroying her feelings, she also begins to destroy herself. It is only through a series of mysterious encounters that Green relearns the lessons of love and begins to heal as she tells her own story.

As she heals, Green lives every day with feelings of loss. Her family is gone, the boy she loves is missing, and the world she once knew has been transformed by tragedy. In order to rediscover the truth about love, hope, and magic, she must venture away from her home, collecting the stories of a group of women who have been branded witches for their mysterious powers. Only through their stories will Green find her own heart's desire.

My Thoughts: I loved Green Angel and I loved Green Witch. These books are really unique and reach me at my core. Hoffman's writing is magically spell-binding...and I also kind of have a thing for nature/magic books. Can't wait for this one!

What are you waiting for this week?

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, haven't heard of this series yet. Thanks for getting it on my radar!

    Here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. I haven't read her other books, but I love this cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eden: Your welcome! I loved your WoW also. Amazing awesomeness!

    Thanks Petra!

    I've only read this series by her although I know she also writes adult fiction. These books are short, but potent. The covers are also what drew me in at first too Nina! Lol.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? :D