Friday, July 13, 2012

K-Movie: My Mighty Princess

About: I've been on a Korean movie watching...run. Because I am currently watching I do, I do and also Big, but I'm caught up with the episodes and didn't want to start a new drama. K-movies have been holding me over. This movie has the actress, Shin Min Ah, who played Gu Mi Ho in My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox. I absolutely loved her in that drama and she plays a similarly cute character in My Mighty Princess.


At first, the ridiculous special effects give a not so good first impression. The exaggerations do give way to a more layered story. Although this is a comedy, there were moments where I cried. The plot line flowed fantastically well. And So Hwi's childhood friend, Il Young, possesses a unique personality. This is a really cute movie and the final scenes are impressively done.


Other than the effects at the beginning, it is hard to believe the slight love triangle created. There wasn't enough of the other guy for him to even matter to this movie. The plot mostly relied on the evil villain to move forward, so I felt like the other side story was unnecessary. Also, the end was happy, but I really would have loved a better resolution. Still, the light and dark aspects of the story along with the martial arts, combined with the adorable Shin Min Ah, makes this movie one of my favorites.

Summary: (MySoju.comKANG So-hwi, a beautiful martial arts prodigy, is about to embark on a journey into adulthood. But her journey is like no other. Her super-human strength and martial arts prowess scares away her fellow undergrads and even the boy she has fallen for. Devastated, So-hwi decides to give up martial arts and takes a different path. Her father, a martial artist himself, is afraid of losing an heiress to the family’s martial artistry, and missions So-hwi’s old buddy Ilyoung to persuade her to stay in the field. Meanwhile, the evil Heuk-bong provokes a war to conquer the martial arts world with the legendary Fine Blade he stole in the past, killing every swordsman one after another. So-hwi’s father comes to a showdown with Heuk-bong, but the battle leaves him fatally injured. On the brink of her father’s death, So-hwi picks up a sword again with a burning desire for revenge.


Rating: 4 outta 5

4 comments:

  1. Looks interesting; thanks for sharing :) I just found your blog and will definitely be following it from now on! i recently added some summer reading lists to my new blog if you want to take a look: http://heartisinthewriteplace.blogspot.com/
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never watched Korean movies, but it sounds fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I{ve no idea why I am obsessed with them, but it was a funny movie. I really liked the main actress. Thank you very much for commenting!

      Delete

What did you think? :D