Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Drain You

Another Wednesday is upon us! WoW is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from BreakingTheSpine used to spotlight books we are eagerly awaiting the release of. Here is what I am waiting for today:



Author: M. Beth Bloom

Release Day: July 24th, 2012

Summary: (GoodreadsEvery night I'd lie there in bed and look out at the hills behind our house, listening. I knew there'd be consequences.

Actions meant reactions. Sunrises meant sunsets. My fear was too permanent, lasting longer than eyeliner, something I wore every day and didn't wash off.

Quinlan Lacey's life is a red carpet of weird fashions, hip bands, random parties, and chilling by the pool with her on-and-off BFF Libby. There's also her boring job (minimum wage), a crushed-out coworker (way too interested), her summer plans (nada), and her parents (totally clueless). Then one night she meets gorgeous James, and Quinn's whole world turns crazy, Technicolor, 3-D, fireworks, whatever.

But with good comes bad and unfortunately, Quinn's new romance brings with it some majorly evil baggage. Now, to make things right, she has to do a lot of things wrong (breaking and entering, kidnapping, lying, you name it).

There's normal, and then there's paranormal, and neither are Quinlan's cup of Diet Coke. Staying sane, cool, in love, and alive isn't so easy breezy.



My Thoughts: From the synopsis, it sounds like it is going to be sort of psychological thriller with paranormal elements. These two seem like very different aspects and I am curious to see if this is a sort of abusive relationship type of story or if the guy just has "evil" secrets. Either way, love this cover!

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of this one before. Sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at a whole bunch of reviews for this after I posted the WoW and it seems like people thought it had HUGE potential, but something went wrong. I will wait for my library to stock it and see how it goes.

      Delete

What did you think? :D