Saturday, June 6, 2009

Be Strong And Curvaceous

Author: Shelley Adina

Publisher: Hachette Group

Summary: (back) After spending spring break in Mexico with her grandparents, Carly Aragon can't wait to get back to school at Spencer Academy in San Francisco. With Lissa Mansfield and Gillian Change by her side, she's ready for anything...except a new roommate.

Lady Lindsay MacPheil, flamboyant daughter of the Earl of Strathcaim, quickly becomes Carly's worst nightmare. "Mac" not only swoops in and steals Carly's privacy, she also sets her sights on Brett Loyola--Carly's biggest crush!

But when Mac starts receiving strange, threatening e-mails, she and Carly must come together to figure out who's behind them and why. In the end, the fate of one girl will be in the other's hands. Will the two learn to trust one another and trust God?

Review: Nice and quick read. Great for a summer day when you are out looking for adventure.

It was pretty glamorous in the sense that this would probably never happen, but still cool to think about. All the girls are in really high society so it really is no wonder that Carly feels left out. She's on a scholarship and she's too nice. I like that even a girl like Carly can have attitude when it's called for which was a bit different from other protaganists.

I could totally relate to her since I'm hispanic myself. She didn't feel like she could compare to her friends because of her heritage (being a fruitpicker's grandaughter). She also liked a guy that she felt was impossible to attain (reminds me of me..lol).

The writing was a lot better with this book. I think it's my favorite from this series. Again, the God angle wasn't stressed too much to make it unrealistic. I feel like I do that stuff too. You might not like this if praying isn't your thing because there is still some of it. Carly converts so yeah. Still, this one had adventure, a good guy, romance and the clash of cultures! Yey!


Rating: (: 4/5 :)

other books in the series:
1. It's All About Us
2. The Fruit of My Lipstick
4. Who Made You Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? :D