Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ghostgirl: Homecoming

Author: Tonya Hurley

Publisher: Hachette Group
Release Day: July 1st!

Summary: Charlotte made it to the other side. YEY! Not really. It's kinda lonely over there with all her friends off to meet their long dead relatives. It's hard for them to find time for Charlotte, but Maddy has time. Lots of it. But is Maddy really such a great friend? When Scarlet comes looking for Charlotte in the hopes of helping her sister, Maddy seems to be purposelly screwing things up.

Review: The first one was cute. This one actually made it onto a better level of quality. I really enjoyed it and it was much more real and better executed.

The imagery was wonderfully placed. Not too much, but just right. I saw the landscape of Heaven and descriptions like that are vital for a fun story. The author really grew in her writing. Congrats, Tonya Hurley! I think I'm more apt to recommend this one since I find that it does have quality and it's pretty cute! Really light and fast read.
Again, I have to comment on how pretty the cover is! Love it. :)

2 comments:

  1. I loved the first one- I am glad the 2nd one sounds even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really it is! I was amazed at how the author's writing grew.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? :D