Saturday, June 13, 2009

Once Dead, Twice Shy

It's my lil sister reviewing once more. I got this book from a contest at The Shady Glade! Thanks!

Author: Kim Harrison

Publisher: Harper Teen

Favorite Character: Grace-hilarious!!!!

Summary: Madison's prom was killer-literally. For some reason she's been targeted by a dark reaper-yeah, that kind of reaper-intent on getting rid of her, body and soul. But Madison realizes she has to take control of her own fate once and for all, before it takes control of her. Well, if she believed in that stuff.

Review: I think that this book was cool!. Why, you ask ? Well there was suspense. This book was also funny! One person's nick name was Barney! lol:] oh talking about names I will list some names. There was Ron; head person there was... oh yes, Grace she is sooo funny!, and Madison she was funny too, Barnabas AKA barney, then the loveable Josh (he's a nice guy,.) Here come the evil villains., Nakita thought to be an angel from hell yah I know=] and her masster sir kairos yah not thee most beautiful name everXD also the seraph he's the angel of... um something hm lets see any one else thats important oh yes the mom well not really i mean she sent madison with her dad so the dad is more important ok so the dad is nice and you dont really hear about him ok ah Amy shes evil she's human but she's evil or mean in other words then Len he's mean to Parker he just hangs around but hes not popular. well thats every one (that is important) . XD wow thats long

READ or DIE!!!!!! XD tee hee

Rating: 5/5

Her choice of colors hurt my eyes. Uh, I think I need to help my sister work on her reviews, but I agree with her rating. Am looking forward to a sequel. Here's mine with an intsy more substance. (Don't tell her...)

Kim Harrison did a great job at creating a world inhabited by immortal creatures who pose as something as harmless as a crow. I loved the main character because she was different from other people, but wasn't like unnatural. Her feelings and emotions weren't stereotyped, but good-natured. The other characters were well developed and the description of fear was very well-done.

The entire story's backdrop is about fate vs. choice. It doesn't really tell you whether one is good and the other bad although the ones that work for each have difficulty understanding that. I really thought out the message of the book. My conclusion is that fate leads you to a choice. It's really an interesting plot with something to think about.

1 comment:

  1. I liked the review, but I cannot read it without highlighting it. Some of your light grey is hard to read, too.

    ReplyDelete

What did you think? :D